Friday, January 22, 2010

My First Missed Day of the Year, and How to GET PSYCHED!

I have been keeping up the working out every day thing for 19 days of this year, then, two days ago, the career fair ambushed me. I went so hard all day that I decided not to do my cardio that day. Then, yesterday, I had another marathon, and I plainly forgot to do my weights. So, as a result, my calendar looks something like this:


That's okay with me though. 19 days in a row is quite impressive. So, in order to prove that I'm awesome, I now have to go 20 days in a row, to beat that streak. That means, including today (already rode the bike for 45 minutes) I have to go once a day until Wednesday, February 10th, though by no means does that mean that I want to only go 20 days.

So, I'll keep it short for today, but that's a little update on my main goal of the year. Oh, as far as affirmations, I got my favorite one I think. It's from How I Met Your Mother (a new favorite show) and it's simple: "I'm Awesome".

Oh, also, to get myself psyched up when I need it, I've been using a playlist from the show to get psyched. I can't confirm that this is the proper playlist, but it's based on general consensus from multiple sources. Here it goes:

Barney Stinson's Get Psyched Playlist
1. You Give Love a Bad Name - Jonathan B. Jovi
2. I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister
3. The Humpty Dance - Digital Underground
4. Don't Stop Believing - Journey
5. Lick it Up - KISS
6. Paradise City - Guns N' Roses
7. Tom Sawyer - Rush
8. The Theme from Transformers [80's Version] - Lion
9. Dancing with Myself - Billy Idol
10. Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
11. Come Sail Away - Styx
12. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
13. Panama - Van Halen
14. Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
15. Talk Dirty to Me - Poison
16. Thunderstruck - AC/DC
17. High Enough - Damn Yankees
18. Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty by Nature
19. Dr. Feelgood - Mötley Crüe
20. Round and Round - Ratt



It's pretty cool, because when I turn it on, I make it so that I get psyched, so when Bon Jovi first comes on, I start to get really psyched. It's all an association thing, so make sure that you associate this playlist with getting psyched up initially, then, afterward, it WILL get you psyched up always!

So...I didn't keep it as short as I thought I would, but still, it's a good playlist, and a GREAT technique for getting psyched up.


1 comment:

Shane Maier said...

hey Paul, knowing how to continuously working out can be both a burden and a success, I thought I would tell you to use Chia seeds, like from the Chia pet things, for energy because they are extremely good for making you have a longer endurance from the food you eat. check them out.