Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Experiment 1: How to make a million dollars

For a few weeks, while I'm home, I'll be doing this blog from my room, but with the same constrictions as a dorm room. My room at home is basically a dorm room anyway. Even though ideally the ideas can transcend the dorm room/apartment, the goal of the blog is to find ways to make money in the dorm.

Idea: Place classified ads in paper/flyer's around town that offer the secret for earning a million dollars. The cost of this information is $1. This money may be mailed to me or paypal may be used.

Execution: I'll need to find some newspapers to place my ads in. This is going to cost something, but not much. Ideally I'll find some papers with free classified ads. I would also like to set up a website for this, to make it look more official. Something along the lines of "makeamilliondollars" or something like that.

How it works: So when I get the dollar, they get the information...place an ad somewhere telling people to send one dollar for information on making a million dollars. Then get a million people to do it.

Variations: This could work with flyer's, classified ads, and maybe even places like e-bay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is like a pyramid scheme... probably not legal.

Unknown said...

Then I will be making sure not to try this. Note to others: always consider the legality of businesses you are going to try.