Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sorry it's been so long

So it has been a very long time since I've posted, and for this I apologize. I've been busy with work, and putting my room back together (I just painted it and moved everything around) I do have a few things to say though.

Experiment 1 is taking a little break until I can work up some capital to do everything necessary. I was thinking I might just wait until I get back into the dorm, since this is Dorm Room Business. I also tried another money making idea. It was obscure, but fun...and ultimately unsuccessful.

I went to a gas station locally with a "quarters" game with the slides that push quarters over the edge, with $25 in quarters. There were various prizes, including a $20 bill and a $50 bill (plus smaller denominations) on the quarters. I was not, however successful in winning either of these, although I came quite close to the $20, probably another $5 and I would have had it. Either way, this was probably a stupid idea, but it game me and my friend about 2 hours of fun, so it wasn't a total loss. I also won a girls watch...that's useless, but I won something :)

I'll admit, so far, my ideas have resembled gambling, and I need to get more solid ideas running; I don't however feel like doing this before I get back to the dorms. I get back the 27th of August, I leave to go back to Michigan on the 23rd, and hopefully I will have a cool roommate (I'm staying in the dorms, and my roommate request decided to transfer to Cornell)

My job ends on Thursday, which means my steady income is done, so I need to find a better way of making money. I start my job as soon as I get back to school, which is good. I need income.

One thing I want to buy when get the money is the AT&T 8525, which in my opinion is better than the iPhone. Someone at the AT&T store told me she thinks a lot of the iPhone ideas came from the 8525. It works on 3G, which is faster, has windows mobile, and a full keyboard that's easy to type on. The data plan is $40 a month. I figure I can afford $30 a month with my current income, which means if I can raise it by $10, I can safely do it. Any thoughts?

Good Day.

No comments: